Organizing a guest list can be pretty intimidating and it might be tempting to keep track of your guest in Word because you’re unfamiliar with Excel. Rest assured, keeping track in Excel will save you a lot of time down the road.
Here are 4 reasons to organize your guest list using Excel:
- It will help you keep track of important information, such as who has been invited, when you sent the invitation, relationship to you and your fiancé, number of children and adults attending, gifts received, seating arrangement and even their meal choice.
- In addition, it can double as your RSVP list, where you can fill in each guests’ response, as you receive them.
- Also, it tally your final numbers for you so you don’t have to count each persons’ name individually. Score!
- You can also use the list as a database for a mail merge. It will make it easier to create mailing labels for your invitation and thank you card envelopes.
- If you decided to have a printer or stationery designer address your envelopes or create a seating chart, most will require your guest list in Excel.
Download a sample list template here.
Note: this is only a sample list. You can add and delete columns to suit your needs.